The UFC’s parent company, Endeavor, has today purchased 51% of the controlling interest of the WWE. The remaining 49% of the organization will continue to remain with investors and stakeholders.

Following WWE’s record-breaking WrestleMania 39 event this weekend, Endeavor has today announced their acquisition of the company. Their plan is to create a new and dominant live sports entity, which, now owning both the WWE and the UFC, is valued at over $21 billion.

As per Endeavor, the MMA organization is valued at $12.1 billion, whereas the WWE is was considered to be worth $9.3 billion. This means that for a 51% controlling stake, the amount paid by Endeavor likely exceeds $4.5 billion.

Congrats to the @ufc now worth a cool Proper $12bn. Wow! Endeavor bout to scoop the @WWE now also. Incredible. What a powerhouse!

Ari Emmanuel, the CEO of Endeavor, put out a statement in regards to the stunning deal. According to Emmanuel, the opportunity to purchase the WWE was too good to pass up. He also expects to continue to grow the organization just as Vince McMahon has done.

Ari Emmanuel said:

“This is a rare opportunity to create a global live sports and entertainment pureplay built for where the industry is headed. For decades, Vince and his team have demonstrated an incredible track record of innovation and shareholder value creation, and we are confident that Endeavor can deliver significant additional value for shareholders.”

UFC star Conor McGregor and WWE’s Paul Heyman trade blows on social media

Amidst the news of Endeavor purchasing a controlling stake in WWE, Conor McGregor recently teased a move to professional wrestling in the future.

After first tweeting about Endeavor and the WWE, ‘The Notorious’ soon followed up his post with an image of himself holding both a UFC title and the WWE Championship.

McGregor even stated that the image is an “inevitable” part of his future.

“@wwe, @ufc, @TheMacLife #itsinevitable”

Veteran promoter Paul Heyman, who’s currently representing Roman Reigns, soon responded to the picture of McGregor and labeled him a “wannabe” of ‘The Tribal Chief’:

“@TheNotoriousMMA is a @WWE Roman Reigns wannabe!!!”

In typical McGregor style, the Irishman hit back at Heyman and suggested it’s better for his health if he kept his mouth shut. Conor McGregor wrote:

“Careful Grampa. I’ll show up and break your jaw in 3 places.”

Quick Links

More from Sportskeeda

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.